incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BAD link
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 00:36:56 GMT
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
>> Am 08/23/2012 12:41 AM, schrieb drew:
>>>
>>> OK one bad link on the other downloads page, so far
>>>
>>> The Mac en_US language pack points to:
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/
>>>
>>> back to it..
>>

>> It seems the langpacks for en-US are completely missing:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stable/3.4.1/
>>

> Missing on the Apache dist servers as well, e.g.:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/stable/3.4.1/
>
> We'll nede Juergen to upload that and SF to copy it.  With the time
> zone difference (Hamburg versus California) this will not happen
> quickly.
>
> Looking at the download stats I see it gets around 400 downloads per
> day.    What if we pointed to the Apache mirrors tonight, and then
> switch to SF once it is ready?
>
> The links would start with:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/aoo-closer.cgi/incubator/ooo/files/stable/3.4.1/

Please ignore the above.  It is one of the stupidest things I've said
this week.  I first say the files are missing on the Apache dist
servers and then suggest that we point to the mirrors instead.  Doh!
Of course the mirrors sync from the dist servers.  So they are missing
the files as well.

So in other words, no one has the en-US langpack except for the RC
copies on people.apache.org.

So unless we're willing to go out tonight with a "check back tomorrow"
message for that language pack we'll need to wait until tomorrow for
these files to at least get onto SourceForge.

I'll revert the change I just made that pointed those links to the
Apache mirrors.

It is quite possible that this is all resolved before I wake up
tomorrow.  If so, please someone remember to publish the draft blog
post at the same time you publish the website, or within a few
minutes. They reference each other.

Regards,

-Rob