incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating), RC2
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 23:10:06 GMT
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2012, at 2:22 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>
>> Is there a reason that the README in the source release is still pointing at http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXBuildInstructions
for Mac Builds?

>> Minimally this then points to http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AquaBuild this doesn't
seem exactly like what was used for 3.4.0?

>> Would someone check the Build instructions and then update to be very clear what
is current.

>> I am proceeding with my tests as if the prerequisites have not changed and that I
have them from my AOO 3.4 tests build.

> I am stuck and I am stopping. I am very unhappy with the instructions on the WIki page.
I needed help with 3.4 and now I need help with 3.4.1.

> Please show me the simplest way to build on a Mac from Source and show me on the Wiki
based on http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXBuildInstructions

Dave,

Did you see this page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-buildflags

That has the build steps and flags used for the binaries we'll be
releasing.  There is no single "right way" to build AOO.  There are
variations that will enable or disable various optional features.  But
if you want the same thing as what is in the release, the above link
has the info you want.

-Rob