incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How many AOO 3.4.1 downloads?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:45:18 GMT
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:

> Rob
>
> Might we have a count of AOO 3.4.1 downloads in first 24 hours?  No need for fancy graphics
- a list would be OK.

First, you need to know that the SF numbers are daily numbers, and
based on a UTC day.  Since we announced mid-day on the 23rd (UTC) that
means that the stats for that day include a large portion of the day
when 3.4.1 had not been announced, and when 3.4.1 was not linked to
from the website.  So I wouldn't read too much into that initial day.
We'll know better by looking at next week's numbers.

So given those caveats here's what I see, giving a other Thursday's in
August as a comparison, since we have a strong day-of-week pattern to
our downloads:

August 2nd:  113469
August 9th: 107397
August 16th: 109834

And the day where AOO 3.4.1 was announced mid-day:

August 23rd: 145146

So a 30% boost, which is rather good.  I expect it will be even better
when we can look at full-day.

Regards,

-Rob