incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Registration and Update Services - What Will Be The Load?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:15:07 GMT
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2012, at 10:28 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>
>> Rob Weir wrote on Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 13:11:43 -0400:

>>> For which subdomain, which UpdateXX.openoffice.org ?
>>
>> The access log doesn't say, and the error log has
>>
>> % fgrep /ProductUpdateService/check.Update error_log | sed -e 's#^.*/content/projects/##'
| cut -d/ -f1 | sort | uniq -c
>>
>> EU:
>> 232046 update30
>> 35548 update34
>> 76543 update35
>>

>> US:
>> 198996 update30
>> 33450 update34
>> 71117 update35
>>   0 update36
>
> We don't see update32 because those do not get redirected in the same way because there
is no ooo-site/trunk/content/projects/update32

> ./update/aoo341/check.Update
> ./update/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
> ./update30/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
> ./update34/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
> ./update34/ProductUpdateService/test.Update
> ./update35/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
> ./update35/ProductUpdateService/test.Update
> ./update36/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
> ./update38/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
>
> It looks like 34 and 35 have been trouble, but not as bad as 30.

But haven't 34 and 35 been in production since early July?  We've
certainly seen plenty of downloads triggered by them.  They should not
be giving any errors, since the requests resolve to files on our site.

I wonder, could the errors in those be caused by the outage caused by
the errors in update30?

-Rob