incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 22:28:00 GMT
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM, drew jensen <drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 09:09 -0700, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>> Hi Kay;
>>
>> I did some basic update to the FreeBSD porting site sometime ago:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/porting/freebsd/
>>

>> The site doesn't seem linked from the top-level porting site though.
>>
>> I would prefer to spend my time on the code rather than on the release
>> announcement, however feel free to mention explicitly the FreeBSD port.
>> Just to make it clear: we still have some cleanup to do but the port is
>> fully operational and FreeBSD users are fully aware that it's available
>> on FreeBSD releases.
>>
>> Pedro.
>>
> Hi Pedro,
>
> Then for BSD it should be enough to just point to the page you updated,
> yes?

IMHO, we should consolidate all the porting links onto that one page.
That way it gives one clear place to link to in the announcement, but
also a single place we can link to from other places in the future.
For example, we should probably eventually have a link to the porting
page from the download page.

-Rob