incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extend release vote till after testing? (was: Re: [QA Report]AOO 3.4.1 RC2 rev 1372282 Test Report(w/o long run testing))
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 16:02:32 GMT
On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My recollection is that the email for voting on the release said the
> vote would run till tomorrow - but it sounds like formal testing is not
> finished till Monday.
>
> Should the final vote not wait till after the testing is finished?

Not necessarily. Just because someone calls their tests "formal" does
not mean we need to wait for them. My tests are just as valid as your
test or anyone else's tests.

I think we can move ahead, if the PPMC vote passes, and start the IPMC
process.    Of course, if at any time someone finds a showstopper
issue, we can cancel the vote, at any stage.  Even if a showstopper
issue is found after the IPMC vote and minutes before we announce, we
can still recall the release. There is no train on autopilot here.

-Rob