incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 12:48:56 GMT
On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 08/18/2012 06:38 AM, schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
>
>> Marcus (OOo) wrote:

FreeBSD

>>> There is already a page which points to 3rd party software / packages:
>>>
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/non_ASF.html
>>>
>>> Kay has created this to compensate the old distribution webpage which
>>> was totally outdated.
>>>
>>> So, what about to extend this new page with a "Ports" section from
>>> FreeBSD, Solaris, OS/2 and others?

>>> I think so.
>>>
>>> Marcus
>>>

>> Morning All;
>>
>> Just checking in on this thread to see if there has been any consensus
>> on how we should do this or if we should. As we are fast approaching
>> release of 3.4.1 I would like to get this into the Release Notes.
>>
>> As a stated bore I believe that it is important to get the information
>> out that these operating systems are not forgotten and that Apache
>> OpenOffice is available.
>

> As I haven't seen any different let's add these OSs with a statement to the
> "non_ASF.html" webpage.

The announcement current links to:  http://www.openoffice.org/porting/

Is that the wrong place?  That URL is the top listing if someone
searches Google for "openoffice ports.

I'm happy to change the announcement to point to:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/non_ASF.html

But we would need to get some content there.  It is in the CMS, so
anyone can edit it.

-Rob