incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 14:19:36 GMT
On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 08/18/2012 02:48 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>
>> wrote:

AOO

>>> As I haven't seen any different let's add these OSs with a statement to
>>> the
>>> "non_ASF.html" webpage.
>>>

>> The announcement current links to:  http://www.openoffice.org/porting/
>>
>> Is that the wrong place?  That URL is the top listing if someone
>> searches Google for "openoffice ports.
>

> Maybe not wrong but IMHO totally oudated since months and years and needs
> also a clean-up. ;-)

IMHO,  It is almost always better to clean up (or replace) an existing
page at a well-known URL than to create an entirely new page at a new
URL.  Why?  Because the existing page is already linked to, both
internally and externally.  So if we think the new content is relevant
to the purpose of the old webpage, e.g., information on ports, then we
should keep the old URL for it.

-Rob