incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating), RC2
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:23:44 GMT
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:22 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> @Rob, do we have any statistics about download numbers of the src release?
>

>From Google Analytics I see:

aoo-3.4.0-incubating-src.tar.bz2	2,073
aoo-3.4.0-incubating-src.tar.gz 1,148
aoo-3.4.0-incubating-src.zip 620

But I assume most developers who are serious about the source code
would check it out directly from Subversion.  I don't have numbers for
that.

As we know there have been over 11 million downloads of the binaries
in this same time period (since May).  I assume the ratio would be
similar for other end-user facing open source projects, like Firefox,
7-ZIP, etc.  But projects that are developer-oriented, delivering
libraries, probably have a different ratio, one that has a larger
proportion of source downloads.

-Rob