incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Live Archives and Dead Domains
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 11:51:02 GMT
On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since I reviewed and created patches to resolve some of our redirection issues I have
reviewed the Zone file for openoffice.org.

> (1) These repositories are still functional with legacy code and releases:
> svn.services.openoffice.org
> hg.services.oopenoffice.org
> archive.services.openoffice.org
> rsync.services.openoffice.org
>
> (2) These domains are all dead.
> o3-build.services.openoffice.org
> oosvn01.services.openoffice.org
> oosvn04.services.openoffice.org
> portal.openoffice.org
> portal.services.openoffice.org
> rsyncmaster.services.openoffice.org
> termite.services.openoffice.org
> tools.services.openoffice.org
>
> I propose to redirect the dead domains to either the  thank you page that Andrea just
built or the 404 page. What do people think?

I'd recommend the 404 page, with a real 404 code in the header.  That
gives extra information to the sites that links to us, useful for
example if they run link checkers on their website, they'll see they
have outdated links.

-Rob