incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 3.4.1_release_blocker? [Bug 120481] Please have a look
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:51:20 GMT
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 4:42 AM, FR web forum <oooforum@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> French user has open this report: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=120481
>
> Unable to drag & drop column header from data sources beamer (F4) to Writer document.
> This happen only with MacOS 10.8
>

What I look for in a release blocker at this point:

1) Is the impact severe, i.e., data loss, blocks use of a major features, etc.

2) Will it impact many users?

3) Is there no adequate workaround that we can put in the release notes?


Again, there is no risk-free fix.  The fact that this bug was
introduced via an earlier fix proves that.


It is safe to assume that with more days of testing we will find more
bugs.  We could probably test for another 6 months and still find new
bugs.  That is the nature of complex software.  But the question is
not whether or not we fix this bug.  Of course we will.  The question
is between:

A) Fix this bug later in 3.4.3 or in 3.5

or

B) Fix this bug in 3.4.1, and delay the delivery of this release,
which contains many other critical fixes for more severe issues.  Also
introduce further risks for 3.4.1 by changing more code.

IMHO the decision between A and B should be based on impact, severity and risk.

Does anyone have an opinion on the impact and severity?

-Rob

> Thanks

Mime
View raw message