incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating) RC2
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 22:09:18 GMT
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-08-22 at 17:29 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>> So some possible confusion coming.  I'm seeing a few websites have
>> already announced 3.4.1 and are pushing users to www.openoffice.org.
>> Of course, they are not finding AOO 3.4.1 there yet.
>>
>> For example this article is being spread via Twitter:
>> http://majorgeeks.com/Apache_OpenOffice.org_For_Windows_d3461.html
>>
>> And I can see, via Google Analytics, that we're getting a good amount
>> of traffic referred to from that site.
>>
>> So I'm going to spent the next hour or so verifying the download page.
>>  If others can help with this, please do:
>>
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/other.html
>>
>> I'll start going down the left-most column.  If someone else can start
>> on the right-most column (Mac) we should have this done quickly and be
>> able to publish that page.
>
> doing it now...

It is all working for me so far.  I'm not seeing any links failing

I've also updated the Japanese and French NL pages.  The Italian and
Spanish pages seem to be hooked into the same Javascript we use on the
main download page, so I'm hoping they will point to the 3.4.1 release
automatically when we push the updates to that script.

-Rob