incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 23:17:14 GMT
So it looks like we're ending up with two related pages, both now in staging:

This page describes the porting work in the project, including
work-in-progress as well as work that has already lead to a release:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/porting/index.html

And this page lists only ports that are actually available for download:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/non_ASF.html

So in terms of the release announcement, I assume we mention the first
page, the one for the ports-in-progress, since we are not releasing
concurrently with any other ports.  Does that sound right?  The
mention of ports in the announcement is a statement about the breadth
of the ecosystem.  It is not a statement about immediately
availability of downloads.

Regards,

-Rob