incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r829379 - in /websites/production/ooo-site: cgi-bin/ content/
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:26:44 GMT
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:54 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 August 2012 07:05, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>> sebb wrote:

>>> This thread started because something was published inadvertently.
>>

>> No, this thread started because people (including me) who did want to
>> publish their changes only, and who routinely used the "Diff" command in the
>> CMS to examine what would be published, were forced to take the "all or
>> nothing" approach (you will find me noting this in the log messages too).
>
> I was going by the following comments:

I think either solution would work for us;

A) Ability to lock publication either of the entire /ooo-site or at
the level of a specific subdir.   But I suppose from perspective of
Infra, everything is a subdir.

B) Ability in CMS for user to check off which files are actually
published, e.g., which subset.  If it can default to select the files
that were modified in the current session, that is even better.