incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] Apache OpenOffice Community Graduation Vote
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 22:58:59 GMT
On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> I'm unable to vote either way until:
>
> A) a PMC chair has been identified by the community
>
> B) a resolution for the TLP is prepared which will define what we are
> voting on

Those points will be addressed in the proposed Resolution we send to
the IPMC.  What we're having right now is the preliminary "community
graduation vote", which according this diagram from the IPMC's "Guide
to Successful Graduation" occurs *before* the charter is created:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel

Not that this same guide says of this community vote, "It is unlikely
that IPMC members will vote to approve graduation unless the Mentors
and community positively express their readiness for graduation. "  So
I am slightly concerned that you do not feel able to vote in this
ballot, which merely expresses (per the graduation guidelines) our
readiness for graduation.

-Rob