incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating) RC2
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 21:19:09 GMT
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 08/22/2012 10:18 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  wrote:

We can now proceed

tomorrow

>>> We were waiting for the sync to finish, distributing the files to the
>>> US and EU distribution servers:
>>>
>>> http://www.us.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> http://www.eu.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
>>>
>>> It looks that looks like it recently completed.
>>>
>>> Just need a go ahead from Roberto.
>>>

>> I just chatted with Roberto.  He says they are ready!
>>
>> So can we all get our page changes onto staging?  No one publish yet.
>> But lets get the updated announcement, release notes, and especially
>> the updated download pages in place.
>>
>> We can do a quick sanity check and if no problems are found then we
>> can publish them later tonight.
>>
>> I'll hold off the announcement until tomorrow morning, giving some
>> extra time for any errors to be reported at low volume before we turn
>> on the fire hose!
>

> OK, I've sent the website updates into staging.

Great.  Thanks.

I see your changes here:  http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/

And here:  http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/other.html

It would be good to have some volunteers test that page to make sure
there are no broken links.

And what about the legacy pages:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/legacy/index.html

and

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/legacy/other.html

These point to OOo 3.3.0.  I suppose makes sense.  But where would
someone go to find AOO 3.4.0?  Do we have a link for that?

> The next publish should make them public. E.g., an update with a little news
> paragraph on "www.openoffice.org/index.html" to show that AOO 3.4.1 is new
> and now available. ;-)

OK.  I've updated the banner announcement link to point to the blog post.

I also updated the Arabic NL page, which I did not think myself
capable of doing, until I found it was in English:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/ar/index.html

I'll see if there are any other NL pages that I can easily update.

Anything else?  What are we missing?  This seems too easy.

Regards,

-Rob

> @Michael:
> FYI
>
> The downloads for Slovak are referring still to SourceForge directly. When
> you have finished updating the sk links on your NL webpage, then we can
> change the main download portal to refer first to the sk website.
>
> Marcus
>

>>> If he says it is ready on their side can move our changes to staging
>>> and do some quick testing to make sure we don't have any broken links.
>>>
>>> Actually, we can move to staging now if we want.  But just be careful
>>> everyone not to publish yet.
>>>
>>> -Rob

RESULT tag in the

OpenOffice 3.4.1