incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject draft graduation resolution
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:28:32 GMT
I put a draft of the graduation resolution onto the wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Graduation+Resolution+%28draft%29

As you can see, there is absolutely nothing interesting here yet.

I started with the Velocity graduation resolution and replace
"Velocity" with "OpenOffice" and replaced the names of their PMC
members and Chair with 'To-Be-Determined".  Also replaced "template
engine" with "personal productivity applications".

So that is our starting point.

I invite the community to review that template and see if there are
any fundamental changes we should make to that template.

The PPMC is currently discussing the composition of the proposed PMC.

That leaves the PMC Chair position to fill.  I'd recommend that anyone
who is interested to check with any of our mentors or other
experienced Apache members for what this role requires.  Many of them
either are now or have been previously PMC Chairs.

IMHO, we have several PPMC members who would be good in the role of
PMC Chair, at least 4 or 5 that I can think of.  So I hope everyone
thinks carefully about whether they would be willing to serve the
project in this role.

At some point soon we should call for nominations.  These could be
self-nominations or nominations for others, if that person accepts.

If we have only one nominee then we are done.

If we have only two nominees then we can vote on the list.

If we have more than two nominees then we'll need to discuss further,
or perhaps ask one of our Mentors to facilitate an STV vote via
OpaVote:  http://www.opavote.org/

Regards,

-Rob