incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] OpenOffice Track: ApacheCon Europe
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 13:15:39 GMT
On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com> wrote:
> By now everyone must be aware that the CFP system will be closing tomorrow,
> August 13th. We'll have an idea of what was submitted this week. In the
> meantime, let's have a discussion about how we want to shape our track
> beyond those proposals.
>
> Here's an outline to get the discussion moving...
>
> REMEMBER, this is our conference track to shape was we wish. We have a fair
> amount of flexibility within the overall framework of ApacheCon. At this
> point, let's conceive of this as a 2-day affair nested within the 4 days of
> ApacheCon.
>
> Keynote(s)
> a) PMC Chair (let's plan on graduation as a fact by early November, so we
> would ask our Chair to anchor the track keynote

If it is a two-day conference we could have a keynote each day.  The
PMC Chair could be a full keynote, or even just some short welcoming
remarks to open the conference.

> b) I/T Leader responsible for OpenOffice user communities

Also known as ICT.    Do we have someone in mind?

> c)
>

> Meetups with other projects:
> a) Shindig/Rave
> b) Chemistry
> c) POI,Tika, PDFbox
> d) ...

Maybe ODF Toolkit (incubating) as well.

Could be worth having a 1 hour (or 45 minute or whatever the normal
session time is) to talk with each of these projects.  Or could be
informal.

> Hackathons
> -- topics?
>
> Social
> a) Fora
> b) National community groups: ...
>
> Other Topics?

Maybe set aside 60-90 minutes for a series of 5-minute "lighting
talks". which could include short demos, etc.,  These can be fun.

Maybe discussion sessions for build, install, qa, localization, web,
security, marketing, UI, etc.  In some cases we might have formal
presentations in these areas.  But where we don't, and even where we
do, it might be worth having time set aside for discussion.

-Rob