incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Download URL of commons-logging
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 19:20:09 GMT
On 6 August 2012 16:31, Andre Fischer <awf.aoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03.08.2012 12:45, sebb wrote:
>>
>> On 3 August 2012 09:09, Andre Fischer <awf.aoo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am currently cleaning up and improving the download mechanism of the
>>> external tarballs.  Most of them (all that are used by the AOO34 branch)
>>> can
>>> now be found on apache-extras [1].  However, that is intended only as a
>>> fallback in case the tarballs can not be downloaded directly from their
>>> original download server.  At the moment we use the SVN repository as a
>>> secondary fallback.  I will remove that maybe next week.
>>>
>>> I need help regarding the original download site of one of the apache
>>> commons libraries.  The general download page for
>>> commons-logging-1.1.1-src.tar.gz is [2].  I don't know how to produce a
>>> URL
>>> that does not contain a specific mirror but instead is resolved by the
>>> server.
>>
>> You could perhaps download from Maven Central instead:
>>
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/
>

> Is this an instance of maven that uses commons-logging or one that builds
> (and distributes) it?

Not sure I understand the questions.

That URL is where Maven projects will download Commons Logging from if
they have a dependency (direct or indirect) on it.

It is the default Maven repository which is embedded in Maven, but
there's no reason why you should not download jars from it using Ant
or any other build tool.