incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposed PMC Chair nomination process
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 19:17:15 GMT
On 23 August 2012 19:22, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> I suggest that the initial Project Management Committee (PMC) needs to be identified
before the election of a Chair from that body is undertaken.

The initial proposed PMC for other podlings has usually been taken
from the PPMC membership, but dropping any inactive (or unwilling)
members.

> Also, this seems like a very good time to review, for the benefit of all here, what the
duties of PMC members are and, with respect to that, what the specific responsibilities of
the Chair are and what the special standing of the Chair is so its accountability can be carried
out.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc-members
http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair

The PMC chair is a position of responsibility (to the PMC and Board)
rather than authority over the PMC.