incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <motley.crue....@gmail.com>
Subject "Social integration" for Apache OpenOffice 4.0
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 19:20:51 GMT
Per Rob's email about the "Help us brainstorm ideas for Apache
OpenOffice 4.0" I was perusing the Google Moderator doc[1] and came
across this suggestion:

"Provide social capabilities within core editors to share selection,
page/sheet/slide, or entire document with popular services including:
micro-blogs, social networks, curation communities, and file sharing
services."

I think there's a lot to be said for this, and wouldn't mind getting
involved with such an initiative. Posting this to try and spark some
discussion around this suggestion.

My own comment, in response to Kevin's Moderator post was this:

"I like the idea of having something like this. If we had something
like that, I'd like a somewhat generic / extensible framework, so it
can be wired into pretty much any service, including services that
don't even exist today."

Any thoughts on what "social integration" for AOO should look like,
and is anyone else interested in this?

[1]: https://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=2011d5

(Disclaimer: my interest is partly - but not exclusively - motivated
by commercial concerns, as I am a founder of a startup that's working
on open source "Enterprise Social Networking" / "Enterprise 2.0"
products, and would be interested in exploring ways AOO could work
with our product(s))

Phil