incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][DISCUSS] Apache OpenOffice Community Graduation Vote
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 20:43:31 GMT
I'm unable to vote either way until:

A) a PMC chair has been identified by the community

B) a resolution for the TLP is prepared which will define what we are
voting on

Note, I'm generally in favour of the proposal but I do want to be sure that
the community has the resources it needs to continue to build and maintain
a healthy,vibrant and inclusive community. There are some candidates for
PMC chair that I can think of, but I don't know if they want the role.

In a healthy community the PMC role is just taking responsibility for board
reports (not necessarily writing them, just making sure they get written)
and any community actions requested by the board. It shouldn't be a time
consuming role, but it can become so on occasion.

This query should not prevent the community expressing their opinion in the
vote. I just wanted to let you know why I will be abstaining. You only need
my vote when it comes to the actual graduation vote.

Ross