incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating), RC2
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 19:50:07 GMT
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> please vote on this email to ooo-dev only, thanks.
>
> On 8/15/12 2:02 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > this is a call for vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache
> > OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating). This will be our first bug fix release
> > after the AOO 3.4 from May 8th. A further milestone to show that we
> > deliver good and stable software with focus on quality. It will again
> > help to continue the success of OpenOffice.org and will gain confidence
> > in OpenOffice.
> >
> > This time I did not prepare a separate page to highlighting the release
> > candidate. We had developer snapshot since several weeks and the latest
> > one based on revision 1372282 is intended to become released if the
> > voting succeeds. That means and to make it clear you vote here on the
> > final release based on this snapshot build.
> >

> > This release is intended to be a bug fix release and to introduce some
> > further languages:
> > (1) 71 issues are fixed and a detailed list can be watched under
> > http://s.apache.org/Huv.
> > (2) 5 further languages are now officially supported: British English,
> > Khmer, Slovenian, Slovak, and Finnish.
> >
> > For a detailed feature overview please see the release notes under
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Release+Notes
> .
> >

> > The release candidate artifacts (source release, as well as binary
> > releases for 20 languages) and further information how to verify and
> > review Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating) can be found on the
> > following wiki page:
> >
> > hhttps://
> cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOO3.4.1
> >

> > Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1
> > (incubating).
> >
> > The vote starts now and will be open until:
> >
> >    Saturday, 18 August: 2012-08-18 2:00pm UTC+2.
> >
> > After the vote of the PPMC the vote will start on
> > general@incubtor.apache.org mailing and will be open for further 72
> hours.
> > But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> > to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> > members.
> >
> >    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating)
> >    [ ]  0 Don't care
> >    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...

+1 from me

I don't know how often I have tested and built this release but I am
satisfied now. The RAT scans today costs me some nerves but anyway ....

I did my standard tests on the binaries on MacOS, Windows and Lniux
(64bit). It looked ok to me.

I build the src release on MacOS and used the same switches as for the
brinary release. I repeat this step after I have repackaged the src release.

Well I am a developer and no QA engineer or volunteer tester who have
always a differnet view on these things but for me everything works as
expected.

No downloads of externals from the svn repo ;-)

I am now tired and looking forward to a nice short weekend trip with my
wife.

Juergen