incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do we *really* support Windows 2000?
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 23:24:29 GMT
On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> We're listing Windows 2000 SP2 as a supported platform in our System
> Requirements page:
> http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo34.html
>
> But has anyone actually tested with Windows 2000?
>
> I tried to install Windows 2000, but I can't even get the ISO image
> from MSDN.  They pulled it years ago, apparently as part of a legal
> settlement related to Java:

> Unless anyone is actually testing with Windows 2000, and we're willing
> to treat failures in Windows 2000 as ship blocking issues, I'd
> recommend that we stop listing it as a supported platform.
>
> -Rob

...and recently we had a question about Win 98 wasn't it? I think the last
version that ran with that was in the 2.x range, though I can't recall what.

Is it at all beneficial to try to keep a table of what (A)OOo version ran
on what to address some of these users?

I thought I might find the "old" release notes *with* the old source
archives but alas I did not, so no answers unless we consult the "way back
machine".

Anyway, if we don't care to keep a history list (or can't), then we should
delete Win 2000.

MzK

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music.
 As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool."
                              -- Eddie Van Halen