incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proposed new directory structure for future releases
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 20:18:32 GMT
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 08/26/2012 02:26 AM, schrieb Rob Weir:

>>> +1 with Andrea on this one. We should leave the languages in separate
>>> directories. And, if folks do "browsing" on SourceForge instead of using
>>> our
>>> download logic, this will make things easier for that purpose as well.
>>>

>> +1
>>
>> It also makes it easier if someone wants to burn a CD for just a
>> single language.
>>

> OK, so our most recent opinion is the following:
>
> /stable/VERSION/<lang_id>/...
>
> Anyone else with different suggestions?
>
> Marcus

I think we were going to drop "stable" and just go with something like

/ooo/<VERSION>/source
/ooo/<VERSION>/bin/<LANG>/
/ooo/<VERSION>/bin/SDK/

...and there was some further discussion on the use of "bin".

At any rate, since we only distribute "stable", this is redundant, so we
don't need it, and shouldn't have it.

Really I like the idea of "bin" to distinguish from source. As long as most
people continue to download from www.openoffice.org, it is certainly not a
problem. But, maybe a bit more discussion on this aspect.

MzK

"As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices:
    take it or leave it. "
                                   -- Buddy Hackett