incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Realease Notes] Proposed template for creation o Release Notes
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2012 16:41:36 GMT
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Keith N. McKenna <keith.mckenna@comcast.net
> wrote:

> Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Keith N. McKenna <
>> keith.mckenna@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>  Hello All;
>>>
>>>    I have a proposed draft of a template for use in creating Release
>>> Notes
>>> at: https://cwiki.apache.org/****confluence/display/OOOUSERS/**<https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OOOUSERS/**>
>>> Release+Notes+Template<https:/**/cwiki.apache.org/confluence/**
>>> display/OOOUSERS/Release+**Notes+Template<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release+Notes+Template>
>>>
>>> All comments and changes are welcome. I believe that there is a way to
>>> generate actual templates for the Confluence wiki and I will be digging
>>> through the documentation for it to try and figure out how to do so.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Keith
>>>

>>>  Looks good to me. I think using a template like this will be good for
>> organization.
>>

>>  Thanks Kay, that was one of the ideas that prompted me to do this. I
> noted that you said in an earlier thread that converting the notes from the
> wiki to HTML took some futzing. Are we using the HTML export add-on
> that is available or Conluence or are you doing it by hand?
>
> Regards
> Keith

I use the html export but it puts it some styling that we don't use on the
web site and it needs to be removed. I'll need to see how it looks if we
just left this in. And then, maybe no futzing needed. Or, maybe I'm doing
something wrong. :/ I'll do this again at some point.

MzK

"As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices:
    take it or leave it. "
                                   -- Buddy Hackett