incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:57:50 GMT
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > Rob Weir wrote:
> >>
> >> I agree that we should have some mention of other versions or
> >> distributions that are based on AOO code, even if they are not
> >> strictly "ports".  The question is where to mention them?
> >

> > So far only winPenPack showed up, so for version 3.4.1 it seems natural
> > just use the
> > http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/porting/index.html
> > page (which will be published online) and list it there.
> >

> I wonder... if we changed the title/header of that page to say "Ports
> and Distributions", but kept the same contents, would that make
> everyone happy?
>
> -Rob

We can certainly do that.

If this is the agreed upon action, I guess I will start a new thread on
what to do about corrections to the Distribution page.  As you know, we
have had a fair number of requests for CD (DVD) copies as well. Assuming
the creators step forward, I guess we'll list them.

> > Regards,
> >   Andrea.

MzK

"As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices:
    take it or leave it. "
                                   -- Buddy Hackett