incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <>
Subject Re: Help me
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 22:04:19 GMT
On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Víctor López Rivero <> wrote:

> Hello everybody my name is Víctor and I am new here. I would like to know
> how does it work. My intention was to collaborate with OpenOffice and the
> first step was subcripting to this List and now I am lost. If someone tell
> me the protocol or what things do we discuss here I would be so grateful.

Hello Victor, and welcome to the development list for OpenOffice.

It appears one of the first posts you saw was the one below from Rob. Well,
every once in a while we share what might be of interest but is a bit
lighter in nature. :)

Mostly, we discuss future directions for Apache OpenOffice, bug fixes,
project structural issues here (the web site and wiki), and what we can do
to furhter the use of Apache OpenOffice. to get started?

Please see Get Involved --

and review the archives of this mailing list --

to get a better feel for what typically goes on here.

This mailing list is really a very good way to determine what goes on and
what you might be interested in doing.

Right now we are working on final bug fixes for the maintenance release

> Rob Weir <> wrote:
> >If you don't know this guy's work you should really check it out.  He
> >has over 2 million YouTube subscribers.  It is hard to describe, but
> >I'd say it is 1/3 one-man band, 1/3 stop motion animation, 1/3 green
> >screen work.  And 100% fun.
> >

> >His latest video is called "Stop-Motion Excel".  But if you look
> >closely you see that he is actually using OpenOffice for the Mac:
> >

> >And here is the "behind the scenes" video that explains how he did it:
> >

> >This is a fun video and good for showing friends and family what you
> >are working on.  Let's try to get the world out, via the social
> >networking site, both project's and personal.   And if you want to add
> >a comment to the YouTube post pointing out that this is OpenOffice and
> >it can be downloaded for free from, then great!
> >This is a good way to introduce the product to more users.
> >
> >Bonus points for adapting an old ASCII Art algorithm to generate a
> >spreadsheet from a photo.  If anyone can do that I'll interview them
> >for a blog post and show of their work.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >-Rob

"Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think."
Niels Bohr