incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BAD link
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 23:52:03 GMT
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 08/23/2012 01:27 AM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>
>  On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>
>>  wrote:

>>> It seems the langpacks for en-US are completely missing:
>>>
>>> http://sourceforge.net/**projects/openofficeorg.mirror/**
>>> files/stable/3.4.1/<http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stable/3.4.1/>
>>>

>> Missing on the Apache dist servers as well, e.g.:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/**incubator/ooo/files/stable/3.**4.1/<http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/stable/3.4.1/>
>>
>> We'll nede Juergen to upload that and SF to copy it.  With the time
>> zone difference (Hamburg versus California) this will not happen
>> quickly.
>>
>> Looking at the download stats I see it gets around 400 downloads per
>> day.    What if we pointed to the Apache mirrors tonight, and then
>> switch to SF once it is ready?
>>

> Good idea. 400 is too much to ignore for some hours or a day, especially
> on a release day with announcement.
>

>  The links would start with:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dyn/aoo-**closer.cgi/incubator/ooo/**
>> files/stable/3.4.1/<http://www.apache.org/dyn/aoo-closer.cgi/incubator/ooo/files/stable/3.4.1/>
>>

>> Would that make sense?
>>

> + the file name. Yes, that should do the trick.
>

> Marcus

Hi. I just got in a bit ago and am in the process of downloading Linux
32bit (from SF). Everything seems OK so far...I will double check when it's
finished and I unpack it. I'm not sure about the other situations you're
discussing here but for my situation, all is good.

MzK

"As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices:
    take it or leave it. "
                                   -- Buddy Hackett