incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <>
Subject Re: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 00:03:07 GMT
On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Rob Weir <> wrote:

> So it looks like we're ending up with two related pages, both now in
> staging:
> This page describes the porting work in the project, including
> work-in-progress as well as work that has already lead to a release:
> And this page lists only ports that are actually available for download:
> So in terms of the release announcement, I assume we mention the first
> page, the one for the ports-in-progress, since we are not releasing
> concurrently with any other ports.  Does that sound right?  The
> mention of ports in the announcement is a statement about the breadth
> of the ecosystem.  It is not a statement about immediately
> availability of downloads.
> Regards,
> -Rob

Actually, they're both in production now.

hmmmm...I didn't realize that the winPenPack port is also listed on the
first page, the porting page. I don't remember seeing this earlier today.
Do we really want to do this? Is this really a "port" or a "distribution"?
I think the latter.

"Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think."
Niels Bohr