incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject investigation using Google Webmaster tools
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 23:06:30 GMT
Hello all --

I am exploring the www.openoffice.site using the Google Webmaster tool that
Rob told us about on Jul 19.

I am ONLY getting started by looking at the 62,962 404 errors (!!!!!)

Many of these are links to VERY old docs which we no longer have -- like
source trees for 1.0.1, 1.0.2 etc.--  or have to do with the OLD
architecture -- servlet references etc.

Some of this issues could be solved with rather extensive use of sym links
(yes, you can actually use these in svn -- kind of) and of course some not
-- many missing old security bulletins.

So, to those of you using this tool, I may mark many of these as "fixed".
Of course they are not -- and they may show up again. Some of them only
show up in BZ issues!! (Google is amazingly thorough).

I don't know how long it will take for them to "show up" again. The problem
is some of these are very very very old references, and not likely we can
do anything about at this point in time.
If you're not using this tool, you probably don't care about this. If you
are using it, and have another opinion before I start chunking away at
hiding these, please weigh in.

MzK

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music.
 As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool."
                              -- Eddie Van Halen