incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proposed new directory structure for future releases
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 19:37:28 GMT
2012/8/23 Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com>:
> Way back in late April, Juergen proposed a new directory structure for
> release packs than what we have now which is essentially:
>
> /stable/VERSION/<en-US items>
> /localized/<lang abbreviation>/VERSION/<lang items>
>
> there are some other areas in SF as well and I don't know if they're still
> being used
>
> Could we restart the discussion, or just again send the proposed structure,
> on what the "ideal" structure would look like so we could get to work on
> modifying the download scripts? Thanks.
>

> --
> MzK
>
> "As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices:
>     take it or leave it. "
>                                    -- Buddy Hackett

Warning: Layman comment following.

Even if en-US is the base for all the other builds, I see no need to
completely separate it from the rest. IMO, a structure like

/stable/VERSION/<lang abbreviation>/etcetera

were <lang abbreviation> includes en-US at the same level of all the
other localizations would be perfectly clear to anyone.

Regards
Ricardo