incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <>
Subject [WWW]Some trouble with the new URLs for the forums
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 12:31:10 GMT
Adding to the (lack of) redirection problem between the old and the
new URL expressed on other threads, there are other problems reported
by users. The first one is that forum notifications still arrive with
only the old URL. Also, there are users experimenting problems with
automatic log-in not working on the new URL.

Another point that came to my mind is what happens with web crawler
bots registered on the forums: I think that google, yahoo and all the
others are still logging on (and indexing) the old URLs and ignoring
the new ones. In fact, when you perform a web search on google, for
example, about AOO all results that point to the forums show the old

Could a redirection solve all this problems at once?

View raw message