incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.4.1 Crashes on MacOS 10.7.4
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2012 08:26:33 GMT
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 5:05 AM, imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
>     Thank you, but that link is for 64bit Java.  Shouldn't the user
> download and install 32bit Java?

Hmm did some more research.

According to this:
https://blogs.oracle.com/henrik/entry/oracle_jdk_and_javafx_sdk

---
Oracle's JDK and JavaFX release supports OS X Lion on any 64-bit
capable Intel-based Mac. Specifically, ___our implementation is 64-bit
only so it requires a 64-bit operating system___.

(snip)

What if I want a 32-bit JVM, or support for older PPC-based Macs?
There are community efforts based on OpenJDK to build JDK 7 for other
configurations, easily found using your favorite search engine. We
applaud these efforts! :-)
---

So if I read that right Oracle´s official Java7 for OSX is 64-bit
only, but community builds of OpenJDK (which is the same source code
base) are provided in 32-bit version.

That means you probably want to try this
http://code.google.com/p/openjdk-osx-build/downloads/detail?name=OpenJDK-OSX-1.7-universal-u6-jre-b24-20120813.dmg
(there are separate builds named x64 so I guess the above is 32bit)

Source page:
http://code.google.com/p/openjdk-osx-build/

Keep in mind I´m shooting in the dark here as I have no Mac to test.

Good luck!
FC

- George Orwell