incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Long Startup Delay
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2012 20:11:27 GMT
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM, B G Scott <bg.scott@comcast.net> wrote:
> The only problem noted thus far is that the startup process seems to take an
> exceptionally long time.

I think the OpenOffice approach -from the OO.o days- has been to
pre-load it -at the expense of a noticeable start-up delay- but for
the benefit of MUCH faster launching of the app after that. Also known
as "quickstarter". (that is, "quickstarter after the first load").

HavenĀ“t looked around lately if that option is enabled by default or
not, as my system, quite frankly, is fast enough so that 5 or 10 secs
more or less do not make a difference for me..

FC

- George Orwell