incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A direct answer to a direct question, please
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 06:20:42 GMT
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM, Paul Myers <pmyers@pcug.org.au> wrote:
>  As such, it would be nice if "your" variant of VBA was as close to 100%
> compatible with the Microsoft variant as it is possible to be.

It is not 100%... and I doubt any cleanroom implementation of VBA
could ever be 100% guaranteed compatible with microsoft´s... that is
without licensing the technology from them, which wouldn´t be cheap.

see
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/VBA

also see:
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/features/3.0/#VBA_Support

"limited VBA support"

you might also want to read this old document (imho still relevand)
which details examples of how to port VBA macros to StarOffice Basic
the language in OpenOffice...

http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/HOW_TO/various_topics/VbaStarBasicXref.pdf

FC

- George Orwell