incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open-office downloading site - FLV player advertisement
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:32:51 GMT
On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Issac Goldstand <issac@volo-net.com>wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but how is trying to police 3rd party
> (Google) ads on a 3rd party (SF) distribution link a real concern of
> this PPMC?
>
> Adverts (and the downloads to go along with this) have been popular on
> massive download portals for years, and will be for years to come.

You have to admit, however, that including large green "download" buttons
in the middle of an advert banner, and knowing that such ad is displayed
while the end user is waiting for the Sourceforge.net download to begin, is
misleading to say the least...

I think a simple SF.net policy of asking advertisers not to include such
imagery on its banners would suffice to eliminate all criticism and user
confusion....

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell