incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.4.1 Crashes on MacOS 10.7.4
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2012 08:12:30 GMT
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 5:05 AM, imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
>> Java 7 JRE for Mac OS X*
>> http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=67389
>
>     Thank you, but that link is for 64bit Java.  Shouldn't the user
> download and install 32bit Java?

Hrmmm not sure what to tell you. I´m not a Mac user just wanted to
point out about the availability of an official Oracle Java 7 JRE for
Mac OS X since it came out in the last week or so (in fact, Java.com
hasn´t been updated yet, still shows the "Apple provides Java" message
when it senses a Mac browser user-agent).

But looking at the other Oracle JRE download site, it also shows a
single download for Mac OS X JRE...

See:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1637588.html

Which makes me wonder if perhaps it´s an ´universal´ installer of
sorts (for both 32bit and 64bit)?.

In any case, you lose nothing by trying (other than having a better
Java JRE than Apple´s Java6 in your system ;).

In the worst case scenario, perhaps the crash was not Java related and
we can move on with the debugging ;)

FC
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell