incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open-office downloading site - FLV player advertisement
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 20:05:15 GMT
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Roberto Galoppini <rgaloppini@geek.net>wrote:

> Hi Jonas,
>
>  if you run in a similar problem please advise me about the exact URL, we
> need that to prevent it to happen again in the future.
>
> Thanks,

See the attached screenshot. The ads are part of the SF.net third party
adverts, but these advertisers put a green "download" button on their
banners... of course the adverts are for other ´products´ but as these ads
are shown while the user is waiting for the download to start, the intent
is evident... many users will blindly click anything that says ´download´...

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9490/sfadsgreendownloadbutto.png

hope this helps
FC

> Roberto

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell