incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "J├╝rgen Schmidt" <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Developer ID for digitally signing Apple OSX releases?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 04:08:23 GMT
Am Mittwoch, 1. August 2012 um 02:41 schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Keith N. McKenna
> <keith.mckenna@comcast.net> wrote:
> > With the release of OSX Mountain Lion and its new Gatekeeper feature I
> > wanted to ask if any thought had been given by the community of applying to
> > Apple for a Developer ID. My limited understanding is that by signing the
> > installation files with the Developer ID it automatically unlocks the
> > gatekeeper and allows the application to run. Otherwise there is a short
> > process that one must go through to change the security settings for the
> > application allowing it to open.
> >

> We'd like to do code signing, not only for Mac but for Windows as
> well. Signed installers are the new normal and are expected by
> browser, anti-virus scanners and increasingly by operating systems.
>
> Although we have volunteers willing to do the build integration work,
> and funds available for acquiring certificates, we've been told that
> individual Apache projects may not do their own signing. The Apache
> Infrastructure team is trying to figure out some way that this can be
> done centrally. But no estimate for when this will happen.

exactly and at the moment we can only wait, I have no idea how we can help further at the
moment. Any ideas are welcome.

In the meantime we should add a note about the new Gatekeeper of Mountain Lion. It's a one
time ctrl-click or opening via the context menu. After that you can run it as normal without
any further dialog from the system.
I tried it out and forget to take screenshot to document it.

Juergen