incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From YangTerry <polo8...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: First Experiance with Testlink
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 02:04:55 GMT

Hi Raphael,
Thank you for your investigation in TestLink, i also try TestLink recently.
I'm using Apach OpenOffice TestProject and do some operator on this project.
I want write a wiki to make it simple for end user, But it not complete yet, if you are interesting
in it you can also update it.
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Testlink

> Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:57:15 +0200
> From: r.bircher@gmx.ch
> To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: First Experiance with Testlink
>
> Hi at all
>
> I played around with the new testlink instance and I want to share my
> first experiances. First of all, Testlink is quite different to the old
> TCM. It's more complicated, but also more powerfull. And Testlink is
> extendable.
>
> There are many different rules, for my point of view too many. But the
> rules are compleet adaptable, and so we can simplify them, if we want.
>
> I was able to create a project. At the moment we have only testprojects.
> For my point of view, it makes sense to create a Project for each AOO
> version. (AOO341 AOO35 etc.) Also I beleve it's a good idea to have a
> basic project who all testcases are stored. The big question is, how to
> bring over the testcases from a basic project to a working project. The
> GUI from Testlink offer a possibility to build a project on the basis of
> an other project. Unfortunaly this function does not take over the
> testcases. You can export and import testcases via XML, but I don't know
> if Testlink is able to handle multiple testcases export/import.

Yes it is able to handle multiple test case export/import, but the file for export/import
have size limitation.

> I was able to create a Testcases, but what I miss is a Checkbox for the
> Testers (pass/fail) and a comment box. Also I miss a overview over all
> tests. The first one will be easy to solve. We cann add this fields. The
> seccond one is probabily not so easy.
For the first one, if you assign any test case to test plan, when you run test case, there
should have Notes / Description comment box and result  (pass/fail) selection.

For the second, Once you create and active an test plan, you can see there have a link Test
Report add into the navigation.
There are 16 kinds of report, hope it can solve your here.

Test Plan Report
Test Report
General Test Plan Metrics
Results by Tester per Build
Test Case Assignment Overview
Query Metrics
Test result matrix
Failed Test Cases
Blocked Test Cases
Not run Test Cases
Test Cases without Tester Assignment
Charts
Requirements based Report
Test Cases with Custom Fields set on Execution
Test Plan with Custom Field info
Test Cases not assigned to Any Test Plan