incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: release preparation
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 18:51:59 GMT

On Aug 17, 2012, at 11:16 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 17, 2012, at 10:24 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jürgen,

>>> We should upload the three official extensions to the extensions
>>> repository:
>>>
>>> 1) Presentation Minimizer
>>> 2) Presenter Console
>>> 3) MediaWiki Publisher
>>
>> These are in the source package, but we did not have an opportunity to VOTE on and
inspect these binaries did we?

> Some extensions were included in the binaries, installed automatically
> as part of the main product install.  They look like integrated parts
> of the UI.  You can see Presentation Manager in Impress, under
> Tools/Minimize Presentation.  I'm pretty sure the Presenter Console
> requires two displays, so I can't see it.
>
> The question is how we take the extensions in standalone form and put
> them in other common repositories?
>
> Would this be analogous to what Java-based projects do with Maven?
> They build and release a larger source and binary distribution for
> their release, and that release distribution might contain several
> related libraries.  And after the release is made a volunteer uploads
> the individual libraries to the central maven repository,
>
> How is that done with Maven central repository?  Does the project do
> that officially?  Or someone just does that individually?

We do it officially in Apache POI. See https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/maven/.

We've voted on these artifacts as well.

I think that if we have Extensions that are packaged separately they can be distributed in
similar manner to the source, sdk, and binary distros. They do need a VOTE thread and then
verifiable.

We can follow the AOO341 release with an Extensions Release.

Regards,
Dave