incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clipart library
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 08:57:48 GMT
KG01 - see comments inline.

On Aug 30, 2012, at 4:51 PM, Ian Lynch <ianrlynch@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm organising the Open clipart library into categories. We could use
> this then as a useful resource to complement AOO.

KG01 - This adds a lot of value. Ideally we could aim to align the information architecture
for the categorization. This would allow users to leverage the existing knowledge when browse
in each library.

> Any thoughts about
> the best way to implement making the categorised library available to
> the community?

KG01 - it would be great to explore ways to make the open clip art more accessible/discoverable
within AoO clipart view. Some social integration could enable pulling clipart into editors,
or pushing an image from an editor to the open library.

While we could create a plug-in, it would be a better unified ux if we integrate open clip
art and local clipart in one UI.