incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1377138 - /incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/development/releases/3.4.1.html
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 23:41:18 GMT

On 08/31/2012 02:16 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 08/31/2012 10:55 PM, schrieb Michal Hriň:
>> Dňa Fri, 31 Aug 2012 22:39:13 +0200 Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de>
>> napísal:

is

>>> Thanks a lot for you testing effort. With this information I will
>>> adjust the text like the follwing:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> Apache OpenOffice 3.4.0 and 3.4.1 support Java 7, which is the
>>> recommended configuration; but (especially on 64-bit Windows) you
>>> might receive warnings about the Java version being defective. In that
>>> case, download and install [the most current JRE 6 version | link].
>>> Make sure you get the "Windows x86 Offline (32-bit)" file. Then
>>> configure OpenOffice to use it at "Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org -
>>> Java". See [this forum topic | link] for more information.
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> With this everybody should be happy, right?
>>>
>>> Marcus
>>
>> I'm only comment, for me AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 64bit doesn't work at all
>> with Orace Java 7 (32 or 64).
>>
>> The only option that works for me is to use to Orace/Sun Java 6 32bit on
>> Windows 64bit.
>> On Ubuntu 12.04 64bit I'm using 64bit openjdk6-jre 64 bit and everything
>> works (i didn't try jdk7).
>
> Thanks for your comment. Exactly this should be the message in the text
> I want to update.
>
> Marcus

Marcus, I think the changes you recommended are fine. As for me, I don't
know "tests" Andreas are running, but I'm on java 7, 1.7.0_04, and
really no issues with anything I've done.

We need more enlightenment on this, but your changes should suffice.

MzK

  butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet,
  balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying,
  take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations,
  analyze a new problem,  pitch manure, program a computer, cook a
  tasty  meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
  Specialization is for insects."
                          -- Robert Heinlein, "Time Enough For Love"