incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1377138 - /incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/development/releases/3.4.1.html
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 21:16:12 GMT
Am 08/31/2012 10:55 PM, schrieb Michal Hriň:
> Dňa Fri, 31 Aug 2012 22:39:13 +0200 Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de>
> napísal:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please bear with me. I created some Oracle account to access their
>>> binary attic and went throug a testing parcour on my 32 bit system where
>>> I found out that _something_ must have changed between OOo 3.3 and
>>> AOO 3.4:
>>>
>>> JRE version Linux i586 (Ubuntu 10.4, AOO 3.4)
>>> 6.0.22 good /which is what I used to use with OOo 3.3
>>> 6.0.23 good /don't know about OOo 3.3
>>> 6.0.24 good /used to be bad with OOo 3.3
>>> 6.0.24(open-jdk) good /used to be bad with OOo 3.3
>>> 6.0.35(latest) good /used to be bad with OOo 3.3
>>> 7.0.4 bad
>>>

>>> This is the result for my 64 bit Linux machine:
>>> JRE version Linux x64 (Ubuntu 10.4, AOO 3.4.1)
>>> 6.0.24(open-jdk) good
>>> 6.0.35 good
>>> 7.x bad
>>>
>>> So the issue has a clear red line between JRE6 and JRE7.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for you testing effort. With this information I will
>> adjust the text like the follwing:
>>
>> [...]
>> Apache OpenOffice 3.4.0 and 3.4.1 support Java 7, which is the
>> recommended configuration; but (especially on 64-bit Windows) you
>> might receive warnings about the Java version being defective. In that
>> case, download and install [the most current JRE 6 version | link].
>> Make sure you get the "Windows x86 Offline (32-bit)" file. Then
>> configure OpenOffice to use it at "Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org -
>> Java". See [this forum topic | link] for more information.
>> [...]
>>
>> With this everybody should be happy, right?
>>
>> Marcus
>
> I'm only comment, for me AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 64bit doesn't work at all
> with Orace Java 7 (32 or 64).
>
> The only option that works for me is to use to Orace/Sun Java 6 32bit on
> Windows 64bit.
> On Ubuntu 12.04 64bit I'm using 64bit openjdk6-jre 64 bit and everything
> works (i didn't try jdk7).

Thanks for your comment. Exactly this should be the message in the text
I want to update.

Marcus