incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Myers <pmy...@pcug.org.au>
Subject A direct answer to a direct question, please
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 04:39:37 GMT
I have not been able to locate a direct answer to the following direct
question on any of your webpages or fora sites:

    How comparable is the OpenOffice "variant" of VBA to the original
    version developed by Microsoft for its "Office" components (Excel,
    Word, PowerPoint, etc)?

I ask this because my dad has just purchased a refurbished PC with WinXP
SP3 and OpenOffice as the included software and I am using Microsoft
Office, primarily Excel and Word.  I have adapted many of the Excel
"Macros of the Month" that are published in the monthly Techlife
(previously "Australian PC User") magazine by Helen Bradley and sue
these with many of my financial, etc, spreadsheets and would like to be
able to use them when I have to travel to Sydney (I'm in Canberra) which
I have to do at least twice a year but my need to maintain these
spreadsheets doesn't stop during these periods which are usually of the
order of three (3) weeks each.  As such, it would be nice if "your"
variant of VBA was as close to 100% compatible with the Microsoft
variant as it is possible to be.

Looking forward to receiving your response.

Thanks,

Paul Myers
--
Paul Myers, JP(NSW), BSc(UNSW), MACS(Snr)
PO Box 7007 Karabar NSW 2620 AUSTRALIA

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"
- Franklin D. Roosevelt's First Inaugural Address, 04 March 1933
FEAR - "False Evidence Appearing Real"
See my favourite quotes by clicking here
<http://pmyers.pcug.org.au/General/EmailQuotes.htm>