incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Torrent connection for AOo 3.4.x download
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 18:09:02 GMT
On 8/30/2012 08:09, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 13:10:37 +0200
> Raphael Bircher <rbircher@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rory
>>
>> Am 30.08.12 12:57, schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
>>> This morning the en-Forum received the following query
>>> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=55992
>>>
>>> To save you looking it up, the User asked if there would be a torrent connection
for AOO 3.4.x, as there had been for OOo 3.3 and earlier.
>> At the Moment no. But it's not the first request for torrent. Torrent
>> would be also interesting for unofficial Developer builds, to distribute
>> the load a bit on defferent computer. The problem is: at the Moment we
>> have no Torrent Tracker.
>>
>> But I could ask my brother if he is willing to setup a torrent tracker
>> for us. He was working on the torrent at the old OOo project.
>>
>> I'm willing to host a seeding peer
>>
>> Greetings Raphael
>>

> Thank you, Raphael.  I'll reply to the query that torrent downloads are under consideration
and that I will post further information when/if available.

Hi, Rory, Raphael,

The technical side is no problem: anybody can distribute AOO, by any
means from torrent to carrier pigeon. The problem is, do we put a link
on the AOO site? The PMC is going to want to get involved with that.

Good luck.
/tj/