incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The translation of AOO3.4.1 release notes and announcement
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 18:08:22 GMT
Kay Schenk wrote:
> On 08/29/2012 06:22 PM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
>> Thanks very much for your help! I didn't expect it to be such a complex
>> situation. Sorry for so many troubles brought to you.
> Not a problem...just a mystery! :)

The CMS takes away most of the complexity in SVN, but for those familiar
with SVN some operations are much faster if done through SVN.

Note that you always have the option to work locally in an SVN checkout
of https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk (or a
subdirectory), add and commit files with "svn add" and "svn commit", and
then use the CMS only to publish your changes: just open the
http://www.openoffice.org home page, start the CMS bookmarklet and then
Browse - Update to synchronize from SVN, then publish as usual.

I do like the CMS, but from time to time I find more effective to work
this way, especially if on a slow connection or offline, so I just
shared this tip.

Regards,
   Andrea.