incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1377138 - /incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/development/releases/3.4.1.html
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 07:09:20 GMT
On 29/08/2012 Andreas S├Ąger wrote:
> Then extract some old version of Java6 (<= revision 23), point the
> office to it and try again. It's many times faster.

So, to recap: the best version of Java we could mention as a workaround
(after saying that Java 7 is supported and more secure, of course) is
"jre-6u23-windows-i586.exe" as found on
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jre-6u23-oth-JPR
right?

That one is older than the versions that both I (6.32) and Marcus (6.x
current) had put on that page, but since people will go to that page
expecting to find a workaround I'd prefer to mention a version that can
be a workaround for multiple issues (Java not found, Java operations
slow in Base and so on). Andreas in
http://markmail.org/message/w6x6e4dlzgwtfyd7 mentions that 6.22 works,
but if 6.23 is fine too I'd list the newer one.

Regards,
   Andrea.