incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [User Documentation]Are there any plans in place or formal user documentation for AOO
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 19:34:04 GMT
I think the best long term resolution is to have a full set of ALv2
licensed user documentation.  Unfortunately, the path from here to there
is rather complex, due to the licensing of the current documentation,
and the lack of interest in moving that direction by the existing
documentation community.
This is stated to define the current situation, not touch on motivations
or loyalties.  The ODFAuthors crew has a long history with OOo and now
AOO and have no interest in abandoning their current content.  They also
value their autonomy and are comfortable working as ODFAuthors on
multiple derivations of the OpenOffice code.
That said, it would be very good for the project to have a full set of
atomic content (individual topics) under ALv2 that can collected into
different deliverables (help, user manual, quick start guide, tutorials,
etc).
Beginning this effort, and looking to integrate content from Symphony,
would be a big step forward for AOO.
Andrew